Vice President Product
Linz, Vienna, full-time, m|f|d
As Vice President Product you play a vital role in defining and executing a vision and roadmap for a comprehensive smec product and services portfolio. In addition, you ensure that the company is building, shipping and supporting the right products and services in our quest to deliver the best solutions to our clients. Also, you facilitate strong collaboration between product, engineering, the CEO, and other executives.
- You contribute to designing the corporate strategy together with other executives as well as derive and design a product portfolio strategy and product portfolio roadmap.
- You are responsible for defining product roadmaps, pricing, release plans, and schedules for the product development of new and an improvement of existing metrics in collaboration with engineering and product managers.
- You ensure that product releases are compelling and delivered on time and to the highest quality.
- You build and manage a strong product development team – including career planning, and performance management.
- You are responsible for designing new-to-market products, ground-up, and accelerating the company’s solution set.
- You identify and implement development process improvements to drive efficiencies, remove bottlenecks and improve collaboration with engineering and others.
- You ensure that existing products stay competitive in our target markets and are ready to be scaled into new markets.
- You support and coach product teams as needed to help them execute their plans and deliver on their key results.
- You need at least 5+ years experience in leading a product organization and 10+ years of direct product management experience in a commercial software company.
- You have a deep understanding of SaaS business and a proven track record of success in B2B product initiatives.
- You are characterized by excellent strategic thinking and the ability to turn strategy into execution plans with a bias towards action.
- You demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and you have the ability to lead and support product management organizations to a well thought-out, efficient and high quality team.
- You are a team player and you enjoy working with other stakeholders within the company to bring an idea from conception to market launch.
- You are an open, honest and direct communicator that knows how to work with others in a positive and respectful way in order to get things done.
- You describe yourself as technologically curious, never shying away from trying a new tool or exploring a new system to acquire new knowledge, achieve higher productivity or improved work results.
- You are extremely well-organized, a logical thinker that can create / adapt frameworks for analyses and break large, long-running projects down into manageable tasks with achievable goals and schedules.
- You convince with excellent communication and negotiation skills – in German and English.
We offer you the opportunity to actively contribute to the development of smec and its innovative products for an exciting growth market. You can look forward to a committed team with smart people and an extremely appreciative working environment. As one of Austria’s best employers in 2020 and a certified Great Place to Work®, we are proud of our corporate culture embracing transparent and open communication. And we offer flexible working hours between 6am and 11pm, so that you can balance your work-life in the best possible way.
Loving the sound of smec? Just write an email or give us a call – we’re excited to get to know you and would love to welcome you.
We offer the following benefits
Stunningly flexible working hours
Personal & professional development
Your smec buddy
Flat hierarchies & open door policy
Cool company events
Free access to the smec gym
Refreshments & goodies
The annual gross salary for this position is from € 75.000 depending on qualification and experience.
smec – Smarter Ecommerce with its headquarter being located at Tabakfabrik Linz in Austria is one of the leading paid search software providers (SaaS+) worldwide and specialised in the automation of text and shopping ads for Google and Microsoft. In the past twelve years, we have been highly successful in increasing the efficiency of paid search campaigns for 500+ national and international clients, such as BILLA, Thalia (DACH countries) or Mountain Warehouse (UK) – managing yearly advertising budgets worth 350+m euros. Due to our vast experience, online retailers see us as one of their most important strategic partners.
In the meanwhile, more than 140 passionate employees from 25 different countries follow their professional passion at one of our locations in Linz, Vienna and London.